Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A LOVELY BRUNCH: Camparis on Crete


The first in a mini-series of warm and wonderful brunch places around the world.  This one's pure fantasy for me, as I've never had a Campari, never been to Crete and it is after all a Tuesday.  But I trust the Barefoot Contessa, and her Campari Orange Spritzer recipe, suitable for daytime; and the recommendations of the stylish Eleni from My Paradissi, who calls Crete home.  Imagine coffee on that terrace, followed by a leisurely all-day picnic on the shores of Triopetra Beach.  Or spend the day at Pagopoieion (Ice Factory) in Heraklion, where a brunch can easily extend to an afternoon and evening of food, music and mingling with friends.  Shall we all book a flight right now?

Have a favorite brunch spot you'd like to share?  Please email me (click on Contact in the sidebar).  Your selection and site link may appear in a future post.  Next month:  Best Brunch in Brooklyn.

Top photo from Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics.  Terrace photo, Marie Claire Maison;  Triopetra Beach photo courtesy Eleni, both via My Paradissi.

No comments:

Post a Comment